Welcome to the ABDI Government Guide.
Few, if any, industries are as highly regulated as the alcoholic beverage industry. Every facet of the industry (from the moment every beer is brewed to the moment that the beer is consumed) is regulated. Laws determine who may sell alcohol, what can be sold, where to sell, when to sell, how to sell, and who can purchase alcohol.
Because of government’s role in the alcoholic beverage industry, ABDI’s top priority is to provide Association Members with representation and monitoring of government activities at both the State and Federal levels. ABDI is committed to represent its members’ interests on laws and regulations that affect the malt beverage distribution industry.
The following are some of the areas and activities of ABDI:
- State Legislation
- State Regulation
- Judicial rulings, decisions and legal action when appropriate
- Administration of the ABDI Political Action Committee (ABDI/PAC)
- Representation at political functions
- Action Alerts, Legislative Newsbreaks, Regulatory Newsbreaks, Legal Advisories, Legislative Position Papers, and Federal Updates
- Coordination of activities with other industry-related associations
Federal Legislation and Regulation activities through direct action and support of the activities of the National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) http://www.nbwa.org/Nbwa/home_Public.htm and the Wholesale Beer Association Executives (WBAE)